Friday, January 9, 2009

Oprah Show Debut - Jan 9, 2009

We were on the Oprah Show today!!

This is the show we were invited to possibly talk on.
The topic: Sex 101

At the end of the show, when they do the audience shot, you can see us in the front row. Front row center. I'm wearing all black with a white collar. I have knee high black boots on. J is all in black. We are clapping.

I watched the Oprah Show one Monday when Dr. Laura Berman was on. They talked about 3 different kinds of orgasms women experience. That night, J watched the show. Afterwards, we had some pillow talk.

It was during this time of talking that I told J about something I missed in our intimate relationship. He didn't realize I missed it. In fact, he thought I didn't like it. I thought he didn't like doing it and it hurt him.

It wasn't anything kinky or far out. That's the thing that got a call from an Oprah producer. It was basic. Something basic that we had miscommunicated about and revisted after communicating. Something basic that took our sex life from 95% to 110%.

Okay. Okay. I know you are wondering. We were going to tell 40 million viewers. Why not tell my bloggy friends. Manual stimulation. (Digital stimulation was the term I used that got us a call from a producer.) That's it. J had developed carpal tunnel syndrome a few years back so it had become painful for him to do for me. After a year or more, I forgot the reason why he was in pain. I would move his hand away when he did try. I didn't want my pleasure to cause him pain. As a result, he forgot I actually enjoyed it and thought I didn't like it. J is fine now. His carpal tunnel is managed. I'm a happy woman!

Basic. Basic. Basic.
Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.
Did you watch the show today? Did you see that huge vibrator? Everyone in the audience wanted one. At the commercial break, Oprah said she would have liked to give one to us but she could just see the headlines on the Drudge Report: "Oprah gives away cars and vibrators!" We did get some nice parting gifts though...

2 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

I didn't catch the show, but LOL about the vibrators! I'm surprised she didn't give some away. What a nice public service.

Front row center - you can't top that!

Are you going to let us know how the books are?

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Three, I gave my MIL one set of books (we kept both KY take homes for ourselves...).

Loaned a therapist who is part of our couples group the Berman book. Only, we hadn't even cracked open the pages. We didn't know there were pictures!! If we had known that, we might be operating at 125%!! When she returns it, I'll look it over and do a review.

You are awesome!! Thanks for your comments today.